W. Somerset Maugham
Alternate dramatic material with thoughtful
- …”he begins the relationship by threatening to beat her…”
- …revelations, choose, pivotal, intrigue
- …just when you think…surprise…but prepare your reader
Edgar Rice Burroughs
- begin in this world, transition to fantasy
- Names: women euphonious, heros strong, enemies dastardly, flat characters long
- conflict is the engine that drives the story forward
- romance makes stories retain an element of believability
- Sonic: Shanikwa, nice as a grammy, mind like a trap, but ears on another planet, always requiring a certain repeat of the same and simple order, always causing me to push my body half out of my truck, either truck, and threaten to beat her if I must repeat the burrito order one more time.
- KSF: Something stirred in him, then escaped its hiding place, but he must gather it and replace it before an employee or patient came through the door and discovered the activity, though mundane and messy, getting messier if the truth exposed itself to a hapless inquiry.
- Writing: The arising and arousal turned to tedium and apathy, and the work was hardly started, hardly even writing, and much less appealing as the hours went by than the electric connection which took the writer to another place where he lost it, lost for just a brief interlude.
- Paint: They looked similar if not the same, but looks aren’t everything, and in fact quick looks lead to bad decisions, and bad decisions lead to do overs, and do overs lead to tomorrow, tomorrow may never allow for this do over because, as do overs pile up, this last one may lose its place in line, if not in mind.
- Library: Albert Camus, another brilliant mind born out of extreme poverty and want, a philosophy shaped so clearly by circumstance, unique circumstance, circumstance that could not be comprehended by those of like mind or like circumstance, and left the recognized genius with dwindling friends and a philosophy embraced and called Absurdism, but his interpretation, as he saw it, became another form of absurdity, an absurdity that ferreted out absurdists who practiced in name only, while he practiced not at all, concluding that such practice would be absurd.
- Jose: The stranger, Jose Guannas Cruedya , arrived at my gate, his captivating woman ignoring us both, her name was Seana Luciana Calusa, his bad intentions not apparent until those intentions took the time to pass through my interpolation, immediate conclusions that frightened me, depressed me, pleaded with me to escape, divert, and drink; working myself into the paranoid, the familiar paranoid, the familiar give-it-up paranoid who made me what I am today.
- House: Erotica, but wait, the who made it more interesting, then an emergency got more attention, before details were supplied, captured this viewer
- Dick: My brother came up for air and answered my weekend text, he thought I was making it up, but I was coughing it up, from Wikipedia, and, although he normally Googles my stuff, he replied with a non-sequitur jingle, but I wouldn’t have it, so gave him another clue, a clue that if followed would lead him to the response I wanted, and a discovery he would have never made if I hadn’t discovered it first.
- JC: She’s a talker, like me, and she’s frustrated by the not talking, less-than-cerebral life partner she is with, like me, and she needs an outlet, like me, and sometimes when I’ve concluded that I’ve done it all wrong, which I have, I, nevertheless am the only game left in town…for her.